Air conditioning systems used to be considered a luxury, but in the current world scenario, it has become a necessity due to temperatures soaring. Are you worried that your AC system will not be able to make it through the summer this year?
How do you know that it is time to discard your old AC system and prep up to buy a new one? AC installation in Katy, TX, will help you resolve your queries!
Signs That Indicate Your AC System Needs A Replacement
- Think about replacing the unit if it is over ten years old.
- Maintenance services cannot keep the AC system noises under control.
- It does not provide chilling services as it used to in previous years.
- You get a high electricity bill when the AC system delivers minimum quality services.
- You have frequently called services for air conditioning repair in Katy, TX, to resolve sudden malfunctioning issues.
- The AC system’s compressor is damaged.
What Is The Size Of The AC System?
The size or tonnage shows how much heat is eliminated by the air conditioning system within one hour. One-ton air conditioning system is an equivalent cooling capacity of 12,000 BTU.
If you are looking for an AC system for residential purposes, the size of the AC system ranges from 1 ton to 5 tons. However, it does not mean you should buy the AC system with maximum tonnage.
Reasons Why Size Affects The Overall Cooling And Comfort In The Environment
Experts of AC installation in Katy, TX, recommend finding the area and cooling capacity of the living space before deciding what size of AC system you need. This is essential because:
- Maintenance and Upkeep Cost: Large AC units require ample electricity to power the system’s electrical requirement to deliver optimum services. An undersized AC unit will fetch more electricity because they have to provide comfortable services.
- Efficiency Issues: You will feel the AC system works perfectly after buying an improperly-sized AC unit, but you might not notice what happens in the background. In the background, an overly-sized unit will develop short cycling issues, and an undersized AC unit might develop continuous running cycle issues.
- Uncomfortable Environment: An AC system’s job is to cool the indoor space and remove the extra moisture content from the air. But when you buy an improperly-sized AC unit, the issues will affect indoor air quality and lead to a humid or dry atmosphere.
Other Factors To Consider While Thinking Of Purchasing An AC System
Apart from size, you should research the following points to find the perfect AC system:
- AC system technology type
- SEER ratings
- Noise levels
- After-sales maintenance and installation costs