An AC is our companion during the summer. But, this partner may need your help.
- Is the efficiency of your AC decreasing over time?
- Do you want to enhance its performance?
- Do you find AC maintenance difficult?
If the answer to all three questions is yes, let Air Mechanic Services make everything about AC maintenance easy for you. The poor AC performance may need AC repair in Katy, TX, or proper AC maintenance.
Five Tips to Increase the AC Units Performance
1. Switch to a Smart Thermostat
If your AC’s thermostat is old and you are thinking of installing a new one, go for a smart thermostat. A smart thermostat will manage the temperature and energy efficiency of your AC better than the other thermostat.
The thermostat will need replacement to enhance its performance. While replacing it, look for a smart thermostat.
2. The Cleaner the AC, the Better it Works
- Clean the air filters, drain lines, and condenser coil on time.
- To clean the filter, wash the washable filter and place it back after it gets dry. If the filter is disposable, replace it within 30 to 60 days.
- Remove the side or top panels using a screwdriver to clean the condenser unit. After this, Use a condenser cleaning spray or a hose.
- Protect other components of the AC while using a hose. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to clean the condenser.
- Nothing is better than a flush of chlorine bleach and water to clean the drain line. Sticky particles can be removed with a brush.
3. Delayed Air Conditioner Servicing is the Same as Shortening the Lifespan of the AC
Do call your HVAC service company twice a year for AC servicing. Neglected AC servicing will make it out of repair. Servicing involves overall inspection and problems solutions. It is how important AC check-ups in Katy, TX are.
4. The Obstacle Must Not Block the Performance of the AC
Ensure your AC unit is installed at a place with no obstruction. For the efficiency of the outdoor ac unit, keep the trees, shrubs, or bushes pruned and away from your AC. Because these all allow the entry of debris into your AC.
5. Poor Wiring Can be the Reason
The harsh weather condition, too much use of AC, or any other reason can result in loose or broken wiring. Once the wiring gets damaged, it will make your AC stop working.
You can clean AC parts and cut plants yourself but don’t do the same with wiring-related issues. Call a technician and get your problem fixed without any risk.
If your AC is well maintained, still it has left you alone to bear the heatwave of Texas, consult Air Mechanic Services.
We will improve the condition of your AC with our air conditioning repair in Katy, TX. Our services and charges will make both you and your pocket happy. Request a quote to let us know how we can help you.